The 50 /50 Group has developed and published structured training manuals in its ‘‘Breaking Barriers Series’’ to guide the training process for each training workshop. Some of the Training manuals include the following topics:
- Human Rights and Women’s right to participate in democratic politics.
- Breaking barriers to women’s participation in democratic governance and women’s empowerment.
- How to join a political party and advance within it.
- Public Speaking Skills.
- Leadership and team building skills
- Strategies for Advocacy, Lobbying and Campaigning
- Presentation and Communication Skills
- Fundraising Briefing
The Sierra Leone Women’s Manifesto/Declaration-Action Now!
This is one of the group’s most important achievements. In our ten years of work, we have taken the lead in developing and publishing TWO Women’s Manifestos, in 2002 and 2007 in collaboration with NOW(SL) and other women’s organisatons within the Women’s Forum. These Manifestos present a series of structured actions and demands for the achievement of gender equality at all levels. Our Manifestos impacted the political parties’ own manifestos. They also provided a platform for women to articulate their concerns and to voice the means to address these issues.
Simplified version of the 3 Gender Laws and CDs of the oral translation.
The 50/50 group of Sierra Leone was the first to simplify and publish the three Gender Laws in English with funding from the American Bar Association’s World Justice Forum. We have also produced CDs of the oral translation of the laws into the main languages in the country, which are being aired in all Radio Stations.
- A handbook on discriminatory laws against women
- A Directory of Professional Women
- Local Government Made Simple (handbook)
- Post Local Government Elections Assessment Workshop Report
- The experience of the PACER Project
- Training Manual—Engagement with the Media
- First women’s organization in Sierra Leone to produce a documentary film on the story of the 50/50 Group the “Side by Side” film.
Advocacy Materials and Messages
The 50/50 Group has also produced the following inspiring posters, bill boards, stickers, fliers and T Shirts bearing messages. These stickers have been spotted on poda-podas, cars and motorcycles, improving and advocating the need for women figures in the society of Sierra Leone.